Corporate Program Assistant/Installer
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Relations the part time (Tuesday – Friday) Corporate Program Assistant/Installer (CPAI) position at deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum is an integral member of the organization’s Development and Corporate teams, charged with administrative tasks and responsibilities in support of the Director and fellow staff to achieve the program’s goals. The CPAI works with the team to develop and maintain Lending artists’ relationships and to plan and execute the delivery, care, installation and de-installation of artwork for corporate member installations at facilities in Massachusetts.
Note: Additional days/hours based on installation schedule & needs
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the Director and Art Loan Manager in updating Lending Artist records and in processing of Lending Artist membership renewals.
- Assist Art Loan Coordinator with Mimsy database entries, and photograph artwork as needed
- Update Corporate webpage and blog
- Installation of Corporate Program exhibitions, including both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional artwork.
- Appropriate care and handling of all Corporate Program Loan Collection and DeCordova Permanent Collection artwork.
- Repair of Corporate Program Loan Collection artwork, when appropriate – to include adjustments to framing, matting, etc.
- Assist Manager and Coordinator with assessments of Corporate Member installation sites to ensure safe installation of artwork and safe installation conditions for all DeCordova staff.
- Assistance with transportation to and from deCordova’s off-site storage for Permanent Collection pieces.
- Packing of artwork for mail shipment.
- Truck-driving and transportation of all deCordova owned-and-loaned artwork.
- Assisting with artist studio visits when necessary to ensure safe handling and transportation of artwork.
- Return of artwork to artists as required. On occasion this may include interstate vehicle transportation of artwork.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Familiarity with Mail chimp, word press and databases.
· Prior hands-on art handling, including experience with contemporary collections of both 2 and 3-dimensional objects.
- Prior hands-on art installation experience, in museum and/or gallery settings.
- Knowledge and competency at matting and framing of artworks.
- Experience, competency, and comfort with driving 15 foot box truck.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required to use company vehicles.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds overhead; work on ladders and step stools for installing art work.
- Attention to detail and sense of humor.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, salary requirement and resume by May 13, 2016 to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying by email, include “Corporate Program Assistant/Installer” in subject line of email. Applications may be mailed to: deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, Attn: Human Resources, 51 Sandy Pond Road, Lincoln, MA 01773. Please, no phone calls.
May 13, 2016