Rental Events Associate
Position Title: Rental Events Associate
Reports to: Director of Special Events
Employment Type: Full Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
The Event Associate supports the Director of Special Events through the planning and execution of private and development events at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. The Event Associate will also assist the Director of Special Events in client management, prospect cultivation and industry networking.
• Coordinate logistics for private rental events, (approximately 50 per year).
• Provide superb customer service to clients through planning and execution stages of the event.
• Manage event set-up, event, and event breakdown, including all vendors, client needs and museum staff.
• Ensure the safety of the Museum by following the Museum’s event guidelines and policies.
• Create and update event documents including: invoices, timelines, floor plans, meeting notes, work orders.
• Coordinate event details with internal ISGM departments and communicate event details at bi-weekly Operations meetings.
• Coordinate with Gardner Catering team to ensure event details are communicated seamlessly through weekly meetings, updating and distributing event documents.
• Manage vendor logistics, budgeting and payment for: AV, entertainment, docents, photographers, lighting and parking.
• Assist Director of Special Events, on an as-needed basis, with key internal events.
• Update all internal master calendars, rental work orders and event files.
• Support the Director of Special Events with marketing outreach and prospect research.
• Attend two to three evening monthly industry networking functions.
• Manage internal event inventory and department supplies.
• Track department and client finances: monthly credit card reports, reconcile event invoices, gift processing and client invoices.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Two to three years of event planning experience necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced and demanding environment while maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
• Superb communication skills, able to diplomatically troubleshoot and multi-task.
• Must be available for evening and weekend events.
• Proficiency with MS Office, Raiser’s Edge development software preferred. PartyCAD and EMS calendar software a plus.
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum’s mission. To apply for this position, please use the Museum’s online application system’this is our preferred application method: https://isgm.applicantpro.com/jobs/390341.html. Both a cover letter and resume are required.
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. The Museum is proud to embrace the goals of Commonwealth Compact (http://www.umb.edu/commonwealth_compact/about) and pledges to measure its progress toward those goals over time, using the Commonwealth Compact benchmarks.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
May 31, 2016