The Museum of Science is actively interviewing for enthusiastic, upbeat front-line Visitor Services Representatives who thrive in a highly trafficked public environment. Cash handling skills required. Professional maturity, excellent customer service and communication skills a must! This is a uniformed position that requires working during scheduled holiday periods and school vacation weeks due to increased attendance.
- Courteously and efficiently sell tickets and memberships to Museum visitors, giving accurate and helpful information to help them make their choices. Upgrade the sale whenever possible and ask point-of-sale survey questions as required. Handle large amounts of cash and credit card transactions honestly and accurately to protect Museum revenues.
- Carefully check tickets/memberships at the entrance to venues to prevent unauthorized entrance and keep accurate manual counts as required.
- Provide accurate information and helpful assistance in a courteous manner while on duty in any location.
- Assist in evacuating visitors from the building during emergency situations in a calm and helpful manner.
Regular Part Time (13.50 hours/week):
- Friday, 4:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday, 8:45am – 5:15pm
Additional Scheduling during Summer and Vacation weeks
- Saturday, 5:15pm – 7:15pm
Director, Visitor Services
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Free parking in the Museum garage, T accessibility, free Exhibit Halls admission and Omni/Planetarium shows, free Duck Tours, discounts in the Museum store and cafe, discounted movie passes, retirement & savings plan.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) or more months of retail experience.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
May 26, 2016