Muscarelle Museum of Art at The College of William & Mary is seeking a Director of Development to lead and manage a fundraising program for the Muscarelle Museum’s priorities and serve as a strategic partner across the William & Mary campus for the benefit of the museum. The Director is responsible for securing major gift commitments for identified Muscarelle Museum priorities at William & Mary and is the primary staff support for Muscarelle Museum, actively engaging board members in selected development activities.
Bachelor’s degree with substantive experience and specialized expertise directly related to the position.
- A well-developed vision and philosophy for fundraising in higher education and a strong affinity for arts related fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, and close significant major gifts ($100K+). Proven ability to identify, qualify and cultivate prospective major gift donors and expertise in drafting and executing creative focused donor strategies.
- Strong leadership, volunteer management and managerial skills and the ability to drive a culture of engagement and philanthropy.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with fluency in using persuasive language to promote visionary gift opportunities. A commitment to diversity of ideas and thoughts and capitalizing on the opportunities that this presents.
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in computer software programs, specifically MS Office Suite.
- A strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to teamwork, with the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues from across the institution.
- High level of ease working independently, with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple and complex tasks and projects concurrently.
- Progressively responsible and substantive experience with a documented track record of successful fundraising at the major gift level.
- Experience working with volunteers and boards.
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
- Williamsburg, United States, 23187, United States
- May 4, 2016
- Director of Development
- William & Mary