The Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation, is a non-profit organization established in 2002 by Ella Fontanals-Cisneros and her family to support artists who are exploring new directions in contemporary art. CIFO fosters cultural understanding and educational exchange through three primary initiatives: a Grants and Commissions Program for emerging and mid-career visual artists from Latin America; an exhibitions program showcasing work by Latin American artists and international contemporary art from the Ella Fontanals-Cisneros Collection at the CIFO Art Space; and foundation-initiated support for other arts and culture projects.
Director of Operations
- Undertaking administrative and office management duties in:
- Planning and organizing the logistics related to events, exhibitions (budgeting, shipping, museography, publications, promotion) building and personnel.
- Using skills in accountancy to prepare and monitor budget to verify expenditures stay within budgetary restrictions.
- Manage Grants and Commissions program.
- Taking responsibility for property functions, such as access, fire, safety and general maintenance.
- Marketing responsibilities: work with the marketing department to provide information for press releases; production of printed matters such as banners, invitations, ads, etc.; and events organisation.
- Help to develop and implement the foundation’s strategic plans and marketing strategies.
- Coordinates work assignments, manages and directly supervises employees under director’s responsibility.
- Resolves problems, interprets policies and procedures and prepares work schedule.
- Ensuring corporate and legal requirements are complied with and reporting to the board of directors.
- Prepare and submit grants and funding applications for specific activities and events.
- Have an interest in art.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Good organisational and management skills.
- Able to handle finances.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Appreciation of the role of the arts in the community.
- Have administrative and computer skills.
- Be able to organise and prioritise work, solve problems and keep calm under pressure.
- Have good time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Have commercial awareness.
- Have an awareness of how to make information accessible to a wide range of people.
- Degree in arts management;
- Arts administration options in other arts-related degree;
- Degree in business studies;
- Experience managing art institutions and art programs/exhibitions
- Miami, Florida, 33143, United States
- May 18, 2016
- Director of Operations
- Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation
Leave a Reply