Director of Finance
DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum seeks a part time strategic leader for the position of Director of Finance. Reporting to and partnering with the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Finance will play an essential role in the senior leadership team to provide strategic financial decision making to help guide the institution through a period of organizational growth. The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the board of directors and the finance, audit, and investment committees of the board.
The Director of Finance provides the ED and the Museum’s Board of Trustees with accurate and timely financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions. S/he is responsible for the efficient and timely performance of all accounting and financial processes to manage the financial infrastructure of the organization. The Director of Finance ensures Museum compliance with all applicable financial and legal standards by utilizing and implementing best practices; and with his/her team, assists and advises managers and staff about Finance issues at deCordova while providing a high standard of internal customer service.
This position manages a department of two full time staff members. Individual and team responsibilities include strategic oversight of organization’s finances, administration of financial tasks for operational management, and financial reporting.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter , salary requirement and resume by May 30, 2016 to:email@example.com. To submit materials electronically, include “PT Director of Finance” in subject line of email. Applications materials may be mailed to: deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, Attn: Human Resources, 51 Sandy Pond Road, Lincoln, MA 01773. Please, no phone calls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Master’s degree and/or CPA or equivalent certification desirable.
- 7 or more years of progressive experience managing the overall finance function with demonstrated experience in accounting, budgeting, audit management, control and reporting. Work experience in a nonprofit cultural or arts organization preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and nonprofit accounting practices.
- 3 or more years of direct staff supervision.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong service ethos.
- Comfort and confidence in communicating fiscal policies and best practices to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent financial analysis, analytical thinking and project management skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have high level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to excellence, detail oriented and precise
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, results oriented individual.
- Experience working with payroll software
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to deCordova’s mission.
May 30, 2016