The Executive Assistant works individually and as a team member to facilitate the administrative functions and effectiveness of the President’s Office. Specific responsibilities include maintaining the President’s calendar, budget maintenance, planning and executing business meetings, and providing support to External Relations, Development office and Senior Team as needed.
The Executive Assistant is also responsible for scheduling Board meetings, assisting in agenda writing for Trustee and Board Committee meetings, preparing materials for Board meetings, and taking/ archiving the official Board Meeting minutes. Must anticipate the needs of a busy office, show strong leadership, interface with Board and staff, maintain confidentiality and set priorities in accordance with the President’s strategic and management agenda.
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Occasional evenings and early mornings required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4 years administrative experience or the equivalent required; Development experience highly desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under pressure, including the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Mail merge skills required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database preferred
- Meeting planning experience preferred
- Professional communications skills: strong telephone presence and advanced writing/proofreading proficiency
- Excellent organizational skills: Detail-oriented and ability to follow through
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse populations
- Must be willing to work additional hours to attend Board and Committee meetings
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via mail to Boston Children’s Museum, Attn: Human Resources, 308 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210; email toJobs@BostonChildrensMuseum.org; fax to 617.423.3213.
July 01, 2016