Design the graphics and graphic look for exhibit projects by selecting colors, materials, typefaces, style of imagery, photographs, and creating logos, title designs, and illustrations as needed to support the content messages and to produce a visually appealing, easy to understand, and accessible exhibit. Participate fully in the exhibit development and production process as a member of the exhibit project team to capture and synthesize the team’s ideas into effective visual representations that meet the goals of the exhibition.
- Annually, design and production work for:
- 3-4 major temporary/traveling exhibits
- Creating graphics on 2-4 large permanent exhibits
- Graphic production on 50-100 small permanent or temporary exhibits, graphic refurbishment jobs, other department work orders, miscellaneous signage jobs.
- Participate in creative development of 3-5 exhibits.
This position is grant funded, full-time, 40 hours/week.
Manager, Exhibit Design
- You must submit a portfolio to be considered for this opportunity
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree
- Five (5) or more years of graphic design
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or Industrial Design
- Up to date knowledge of Macintosh based design software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Graphic design and layout skills
- Photo editing and illustration skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. Please note that you must submit a portfolio to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
June 01, 2016
Leave a Reply