The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is currently considering applicants for the position of Director of Membership. The Director of Membership reports to the Vice President of Development and External Relations and is responsible for maintaining and expanding membership at the Rock Hall. Creates, implements, and evaluates membership renewal and acquisition programs. Maintains a presence and promotes memberships activities at Museum. Plans and executes membership events.
- Aligns with the Rock Hall’s strategic plan and organizational priorities, plans and oversees the implementation of a membership plan.
- Sets an ambitious and strategic membership plan, focused on retention of existing members and acquisition of new members that contribute to the revenue goals of Rock Hall.
- Works with the Development team to identify and implement membership and donor cultivation opportunities.
- Interfaces regularly with Rock Hall departments to ensure that program attendance is tracked and can be strategically used to drive new memberships.
- Coordinates membership direct mail campaigns.
- Actively participates in Museum events with understanding of overall development priorities, and engages in fundraising and membership events.
- Works with Manager of Fundraising Events to plan and implement special events and activities focused around active members and prospective members and donors at all levels.
- Collaborates with other Museum staff including representatives of the Development team, Education and Visitor Services, and Marketing and Communications to attract and retain members.
- Partners closely with the marketing & communications team to implement promotions, partnerships, and communications that build museum membership and community engagement.
- Works in collaboration with Visitor Services to develop membership cultivation and retention programs.
- Programming, onsite and/or digital, at the Museum and Library and Archives
- Analyzes visitor, customer and other data.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the Membership staff:
- Works with Vice President to ensure that long and short-term departmental goals are aligned with the strategic plan and operational priorities
- Reviews workloads, schedules, assignments and monitors status of ongoing projects
- Assigns specific duties and projects, based on individual knowledge, experience and objectives
- Manages membership budget
- Tracks, analyzes and understands membership trends to assess retention, renewal and other rates
5. Leads all membership acquisition and retention campaigns based on revenue goals.
- Designs and coordinates membership promotions, special events and activities, including members-only events and programs.
- Develops targeted and cost-efficient membership campaigns for new and existing members through onsite sales, direct mail, digital and social media strategies.
- Manages schedule of campaigns.
- Oversees external vendors
- Handles questions and complaints about member benefits and provides information about programs and member events.
• Attends cultivation events in order to identify new member prospects.
Duties include but may not be limited to above.
- Three (3) to five (5) years membership experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization. Two (2) years management supervisory experience required.
- Expertise in Tessitura to ensure accurate information is maintained and reports generated on a regular basis.
- Ability to gather, interpret, analyze, and report statistics and other data to inform the membership strategies, with a high degree of attention to detail in preparing reports and letters.
- Expertise in direct mail and onsite and online membership promotions
- Knowledge of retail promotions, direct mail and tele-marketing.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and also a team player who will productively engage with others within and outside the Museum.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- High energy and passion for the Museum’s nonprofit mission.
- Ability to articulate, and implement annual strategic development and membership plan.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- A professional and resourceful style; willingness to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time, and learn.
- Previous experience budgeting and forecasting.
- Thinks of the big-picture and considers the impact of decisions across the institution as a whole.
- An effective facilitator with excellent persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Ability to contribute to a culture that exemplifies institutional thinking. Balances Divisional goals with institutional priorities and budgetary imperatives.
- Understands implicitly how to manage and work with different people and various working styles across the organization.
- Sets a strong example for others by initiating collaboration and working consistently in a collegial manner.
- Involves others in decision-making but comfortable leading.
- Encourages teamwork, and anticipates and removes obstacles to effective teamwork; seeks to resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Possesses a sophisticated understanding of what relationships are important to the organization and how to leverage them to meet the overall mission.
- Approaches others in a positive manner and builds solid long-term relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Sees and acts on the need to gain broad support for ideas and initiatives; consistently engages others throughout the organization to gain buy-in and commitment.
- Involves staff in various processes to share information and provide input on policies and practices; solicits ideas and opinions to help shape specific decisions or plans.
- Ability to successfully pass a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum reference check, background investigation and drug screening.
- Computer Literate: Microsoft Products; Database Management System.
- Ability to get along with other people.
For consideration, submit resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications along with salary history online at http://rockhall.com/careers.
- Cleveland, Ohio, 44114, United States
- May 23, 2016
- Director of Membership
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 3-5 Years
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc. is the nonprofit organization that exists to educate visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and continuing significance of rock and roll music. It carries out this mission through its operation of a world-class museum that collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets this art form and through its library and archives as well as its educational programs.