The Bryan Museum – Galveston, Texas
Director of Development
The Bryan Museum opened in June 2015 in Galveston, Texas, in what was formerly the Galveston Orphans Home built in 1895. The orphanage survived the Storm of 1900 and remained an orphanage until the 1980s. Today, the Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of over 70,000 artifacts, documents, maps, and works of art relating to the history of the Southwestern United States.
The Bryan Museum seeks a Director of Development to manage its ongoing membership program and to lead its fundraising efforts. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and significantly expanding all Museum membership and fundraising initiatives. Additionally, he or she will take a leadership role in deepening community engagement and outreach.
- Conduct prospect research to grow the donor base targeting individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Grow essential fundraising programs including major gifts, planned giving, memberships, and grant programs
- Organize and maintain gift recognition programs
- Oversee donor management software
- Provide regular reporting and progress on all fundraising activities
- Develop, maintain, and manage annual expense budget for Development Office
- Bachelor’s Degree with five years of professional experience in a membership, annual fund, or equivalent environment
- Proven success in nonprofit fundraising
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to articulate the Museum’s mission to a wide range of audiences
- Knowledge of eTapestry preferred
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Bryan Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
- Galveston, Texas, 77550, United States
- May 24, 2016
- Director of Development
- The Bryan Museum