The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum seeks a Collections Cataloguer to catalog the audio, moving image, photo, print, and 3-D collections housed at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. The successful candidate will play a vital role in the collection organization at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, with a collection that consists of over 2 million items and includes Hatch Show Print. The goals are to preserve and provide increased access to the collection through cataloging of prioritized analog collections; to create, organize, and migrate metadata about the collection to centralized management systems. Training will be provided for some aspects of the technical work, and metadata capture and workflow will be consistent.
Background checks are required for all archive employees. This is a full-time permanent position with health insurance and benefits. Country Music Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Catalog metadata of Collection into Country Music Foundation cataloging systems.
- Cataloging of existing collections in a consistent manner.
- Properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Support the preparation of materials for digitization.
- Re-house analog items.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Cataloging experience.
- Strong organization skills.
- Familiarity in working with a variety of formats is highly desirable as is a working knowledge of country music.
- Ability to properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Experience with CONTENTdm, Past Perfect, or similar system preferred.
- Someone who enjoys cataloging rare, unique, and fragile collections.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors and contribute to resolving them.
- Ability to work within a consistent infrastructure.
- Nashville, Tennessee, 37201, United States
- May 27, 2016
- Collections Cataloguer
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Registrar/Collections Management