The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum seeks a Collections Registrar to work with physical organization and cataloging of donations to the collection. The successful candidate must have the ability to focus on detail-oriented work, have strong organizational skills and enjoy cataloging and data entry. The Collections Registrar must have excellent communication skills, ease in navigating various software platforms, including Past Perfect and CONTENTdm.
Background checks are required for all archive employees. This is a full-time permanent position with health insurance and benefits. Country Music Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Maintains organization, cataloging, and back of house processing of donations to collection.
- Photograph and edit 3D objects at preservation quality and create access derivatives for digital archives and web.
- Answers (external and internal—programs, exhibits, education) reference requests for 3D object collection via phone, email, and in person.
- Properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Support the preparation of materials for digitization.
- Catalog in Past Perfect 3D objects not selected for digitization.
- Catalog in CONTENTdm objects selected for digitization.
- Re-house analog items.
- Strong organization skills.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution or equivalent required.
- Cataloging experience.
- Knowledge of digitization best practices and techniques.
- A working knowledge of country music is highly desirable.
- Ability to properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with CONTENTdm or similar digital asset management system and Past Perfect preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors and contribute to resolving them.
- Ability to work within a consistent infrastructure.
- Nashville, Tennessee, 37201, United States
- May 27, 2016
- Collections Registrar
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Registrar/Collections Management