|The Missouri Historical Society is seeking a Database Administrator.
The Database Administrator provides a broad range of information services in support of development efforts. This position is responsible for the administration and management of the Museum’s Altru database; the oversight of processing and entry of constituent information; interface with finance in accuracy of gifts; the extraction of data; and user support. This position works very closely with the Managing Director of Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, ease of use, and accuracy of exported data
- Research Altru best practices and ensure they are implemented and followed
- Monitor Altru user community resources to stay up to date with common problems/resolutions and other information
- Coordinate with vendor and staff on environment upgrades/changes and manage the upgrade or change process with IT
- Train all users (volunteers and staff) on the fund development software ensuring consistency in data entry
- Responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures regarding the use of the database are correctly followed, enforcing retraining of staff and volunteers when necessary.
- Oversee data entry activities to ensure the timely and efficient processing, acknowledgement, and fulfillment of contributions
- Performs all database administration and supervisory functions, including database maintenance, security, duplicate record merging, clean-up tasks, and quality control audits
- Works with IT to troubleshoot network and software issues
- Provide training and technical support to all database users
- Work with Web Department to integrate Altru with intranet and other resources via API/etc.
- Manage the generation of financial, analytical, and demographic reports, as well as mailing lists, invitation lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested
- Design and generate customized reporting and set in place automated processes as necessary
- Collaborates with development staff in prospect research and moves management activities, including the generation of donor profiles and reports on cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities
- Works with Finance to reconcile gifts, provide transaction information and reports, and troubleshoot issues
- Enter all bequest and stock gifts; maintaining accurate files
- Create and maintain policies and procedures related to constituent records management, data entry, processing, and gift acceptance
- Oversee volunteers in database clean-up
- Assist in the technology purchasing decisions, compiling annual budget, and the negotiation and maintenance of vendor relationships
- Promote and nurture productive working relationships with staff throughout the Museum
- All other duties as assigned