New Job Opening at the Nichols House Museum
Guide and Visitor Services Representative
Available for immediate hire
The Nichols House Museum, in the heart of Beacon Hill, seeks an energetic, reliable, and customer service oriented Guide & Visitor Services Representative. As one of the public faces of the Nichols House Museum, the Guide & Visitor Services Representative must provide a hospitality-style form of customer service by being friendly, engaging, and above all, ensuring a memorable experience for our visitors. This position is ideal for those who love to share their passion for storytelling, ideas and/or history with the public, and is interested in one or more of the following areas:
– History and Historic Houses
– Progressive era culture
– Women’s history
– Sociology and political science
– Craft and decorative arts
– Fine arts and art history
– Landscape architecture
* Guide visitors (including families, world travelers, and K-12 groups) through the house on a thirty minute tour and educate visitors on the history of the Nichols Family, our collection, and our programming.
* Open and close the museum, ensuring that the museum remains clean and the collection protected.
* Share a cursory knowledge about the surrounding neighborhood and attractions and answer visitor questions.
* Welcome and process visitors prior to tours. Track visitation numbers.
* Suggest improvements in visitor service matters, as well as marketing materials and virtual presence to External Affairs Manager and Executive Director.
* Assist with occasional house and garden maintenance based tasks.
* Attend meetings as necessary.
* All Training will be provided.
The Guide & Visitor Services Representative works from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm on Saturdays with potential for additional hours as needed. This position requires a commitment to working at least two Saturdays per month.
* Minimum education: high school graduate with some college.
* Outstanding customer service skills and an outgoing personality.
* Interest in education, history, and/or museums.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
* Reliable and professional.
This is an hourly position. The hourly rate is $11.50.
Send your current resume/CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.