The Society seeks an experienced Executive Director to provide strategic planning and management for a vibrant organization serving a diverse local community and visitors from around the world. The Society manages and interprets to the public three historic house museums with significant connections to the Battle of Lexington, provides stewardship of important collections and archives spanning three centuries of Lexington history, and provides year-round programming to the community. The annual budget of $500,000 supports a paid staff of five and the important roles and involvement of a large cadre of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Ability to work well with dynamic staff, Board members and volunteers, town officials, community organizations and collaborative partners;
- Strong fundraising and grant writing experience; excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Management experience in an historical or similar non-profit organization, including familiarity with finance, buildings management, and personnel development;
- An advanced degree in museum administration, history, archives management, or the equivalent;
- A demonstrated interest in American history and enthusiasm for sharing it with the public.
This is a full-time position with salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a brief statement of interest and resume to: email@example.com by May 26, 2017.