CV | Email | LinkedIn | ResearchGate
• PhD Student, Agriculture, Food, and Environment, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University
• MS, Agriculture, Food, and Environment, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University
• BS, 2010, Chemical Engineering, Universidad de Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
• Food systems modeling of interactions between humans, environment, and value chains.
Bezares N (2019). Resilience and recovery among agroecological farmers in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. Tufts University Friedman School Graduate Student Research Conference. Boston, Massachusetts (Poster Presentation).
- 2019, Honos Civucus Society, Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life
- 2018, Tufts Institute of the Environment: Environmental Research Fellowship
- 2017-2019, Ellen H. Block Fellowship, Tufts University
- Co-Founder and CEO, Baravena Foods, Boston, MA, 2019-
- Food Systems Consultant, Puerto Rico Science & Technology Trust, San Juan, PR, 2019-
- Food Safety Consultant, CommonWealth Kitchen, Dorchester, MA, 2018-
- Food Systems and Sustainability Educator, Escuela Verde High School, Milwaukee, WI, 2015-2017
- Operations Shift Manager, General Mills, Inc., Milwaukee, WI, 2014-2015
- Maintenance Manager, General Mills, Inc., Milwaukee, WI, 2013-2014
- Manufacturing and Engineering Associate, General Mills, Inc., Milwaukee, WI, 2011-2013
- Technology Transfer Project Manager, Grupo Guayacán, San Juan, PR, 2010-2011
- Barrera C, Herrera AP, Bezares N, Fachini E, Olayo-Valles R, Hinestroza JP, Rinaldi C (2012). Effect of poly(ethylene oxide)-silane graft molecular weight on the colloidal properties of iron oxide nanoparticles for biomedical applications. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 1: 40-50.
- Student Commencement Speaker, Tufts University, Medford, MA, 2019
- Keynote Speaker, American Red Cross, Tiffany Circle Women of Honor Luncheon, Boston, MA, 2019