July 10: Paper Submission Link Opens on Conference Maker website
August 18: Paper Submission Deadline
Late September: Acceptance/Rejection Notification
October 13: Early Registration Deadline
October 13: Final Papers Due
November 1: Registration Deadline
November 1: Presentations Due
November 4-5: Conference at The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- We welcome all papers that investigate topics in economic development.
- Only full drafts of papers will be considered. Please submit a paper with an abstract not exceeding 300 words for the August 18th deadline. You can submit your paper online at the NEUDC Conference Maker website between July 10th and August 18th: http://editorialexpress.com/conference/NEUDC2017/.
- To ensure that all fonts, symbols, and equations appear the way they were originally typed, please submit your document in PDF format.
- The final and completed version of all accepted papers must be received by October 13, 2017. The final papers can also be uploaded to Conference Maker using the following naming convention: X_PAPER_Y.PDF, where X is your session number and Y is the last name of the presenter.
Papers Accepted as Posters
- There will be space to display 20 posters during the conference reception on Saturday, November 4th. In deciding whether to accept a submission as a conference paper or a poster, the selection committee will consider whether (I) the paper works well as a poster (its results can be conveyed with a few striking graphs, figures or tables) and (II) the paper is too short for a full presentation. The committee will also reserve poster slots for papers that could not fit into conference sessions because of constraints on time.
- For more on creating and presenting a poster, please click here.
Presentations and Discussions
- Each paper presentation will be 15 minutes long, with 5 minute discussions and 5 minutes of questions/comments from the audience.
- Presenters should create presentations that can be displayed using a computer since other modes of presenting material. Again, to ensure that all fonts, symbols, and equations appear the way they were originally typed, please submit your document in PDF format. Although all conference computers will carry Microsoft’s PowerPoint software, certain fonts may not be displayed as they were intended if the presentation was created using a different version of the software.
- Presenters and discussants must submit their presentations electronically by November 2. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring a back up on a USB stick to the conference. Additionally, if you update your slides after the November 32nd deadline, you can upload your presentation to the session computer using a USB stick at your session. You should arrive early at the session in order to do this.
- Please use the following naming convention when submitting your presentations and discussions in advance: X_PRESENT_Y.pdf or X_DISCUSS_Y.pdf, where X is your session number and Y is your last name. Please email presentations to email@example.com.