July 10: Paper Submission Link Opens on Conference Maker website
August 18: Paper Submission Deadline
Late September: Acceptance/Rejection Notification
October 13: Early Registration Deadline
October 14: Final Papers Due
November 1: Registration Deadline
November 1: Presentations Due
November 4-5: Conference at The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- We welcome all papers that investigate topics in economic development.
- Only full drafts of papers will be considered. Please submit a paper with an abstract not exceeding 300 words for the August 18th deadline. You can submit your paper online at the NEUDC Conference Maker website: http://editorialexpress.com/conference/NEUDC2017/.
- To ensure that all fonts, symbols, and equations appear the way they were originally typed, please submit your document in PDF format.
- The final and completed version of all accepted papers must be received by October 14, 2017. The final papers can also be uploaded to Conference Maker using the following naming convention: X_PAPER_Y.PDF, where X is your session number and Y is the last name of the presenter. If you have a problem uploading the paper, please send it to Jenny.Aker@tufts.edu using the same naming convention.
Papers Accepted as Posters
- There will be space to display up to 15 posters during the conference reception on Saturday, November 4th. In deciding whether to accept a submission as a conference paper or a poster, the selection committee will consider whether (I) the paper works well as a poster (its results can be conveyed with a few striking graphs, figures or tables) and (II) the paper is too short for a full presentation. The committee will also reserve poster slots for papers that could not fit into conference sessions because of constraints on time.
- For more on creating and presenting a poster, please click here.
- The best poster will receive a NEUDC prize, as voted on by the NEUDC faculty committee.
Presentations and Discussions
- Each paper presentation will be 15 minutes long, with 5 minutes for discussants and 5 minutes for Q&A from the audience.
- Presenters and discussants must submit their presentations electronically to Jenny Aker (Jenny.Aker@tufts.edu), with a copy to Jillian de Mair (Jillian.deMair@tufts.edu) by November 1, 2017. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring a back up on a USB stick to the conference. If you update your slides after the November 1st deadline, please bring a USB to your session, as we may not be able to upload presentations if they are submitted after the November 1st deadline. You should arrive early at the session in order to do this.
- Please use the following naming convention when submitting your presentations and discussions in advance: X_PRESENT_Y.pdf or X_DISCUSS_Y.pdf, where X is your session number and Y is your last name.