Studio users must abide by all studio policies, procedures, and instructions listed online, posted on signage, or communicated by a studio monitor or studio manager. Studio policies may change during the semester to adapt to shifting circumstances and it is each user’s responsibility to keep abreast of these changes. Studio policies will be listed and continually updated here.
For questions or assistance, please e-mail SMFAStudioTeam@tufts.edu
- Tufts University has released guidelines for students, staff, and faculty to follow when working on campus. Users of shared SMFA studios must abide by all Tufts policies, including those expressed in:
- Wear a face covering at all times in the studio.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Proper hand hygiene is the single most important intervention to reduce the spread of germs. Everyone should clean their hands often, in particular before or after working in the studio; before eating, drinking or handling food; after using the restroom; and whenever hands are visibly soiled.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed at the entrances to most specialized studio spaces, and around the hallways.
Studio-Specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Certain studio spaces involve the use of PPE for hazardous processes. Please follow posted guidelines or instructions for PPE use within these studios
- Reusable PPE (leather gloves, welding jackets, face shields, etc) must be disinfected after usage, either with approved disinfectant, or by being held in isolation for a minimum of 48 hours. Follow instructions posted in each studio.
- Disposable PPE is intended for one-time use, and should be discarded in a designated waste unit after use.