Academic Awards 2022 Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering
Use the search box to look for specific award winners, or navigate through award categories to read about all Tufts University 2022 award winners.
On behalf of the Tufts faculty, staff, and administration, the Academic Awards Committee is delighted to honor the students who have been selected as this year’s award winners from among the hundreds of outstanding nominees. We are grateful to the faculty and staff who took the time to write such detailed letters of nomination for so many talented and inspiring students. The prizes recognize intellectual curiosity, acumen in scientific research, artistic courage, athletic prowess, excellence in leadership, and extraordinary dedication to public service and community engagement.
Most of the prizes were established in honor or memory of beloved Tufts students, professors, alumni, and others with a deep connection to the Tufts community. In honoring their contributions both within and beyond the university, the awards ensure the transmission of their legacy to new generations of students.
122nd Academic Awards Ceremony – April 29, 2022
Tufts has honored its student academic award winners for 122 years! After a two-year, pandemic-imposed hiatus, we were able to host an in-person awards ceremony once again this year. The event took place on April 29, 2022, with Professor Barbara Wallace Grossman hosting, President Anthony P. Monaco presenting the awards, and special guests, Elizabeth and Roger Borghasani, awarding the prize in memory of their daughter, Anne Borghesani.
The video of the 122nd Annual Academic Awards Ceremony is available here for students, faculty, family, and friends who were not able to attend.
Congratulations to all our award recipients!
2022 Academic Awards Committee
- Barbara Wallace Grossman, Theatre, Dance and Performance Studies (Co-Chair)
- Timothy Atherton, Physics and Astronomy (Co-Chair)
- Andrea Acevedo, Community Health
- Alex Blanchette, Anthropology
- Jeffrey Foster, Computer Science
- Sara Johnson, Child Study & Human Development
- Keren Ladin, Occupational Therapy
- Frank Lehman, Music
- Melissa McInerney, Economics
- Alexandra Shraytekh, International Literary and Cultural Studies
- Brian Timko, Biomedical Engineering
- Benjamin Wolfe, Biology
- Carmen Lowe, Dean, Academic Advising and Undergraduate Studies
- Camille Lizarríbar, Dean, Student Affairs
- Patricia Reilly, Associate Dean of Financial Aid
The Awards Committee wishes to thank Michael Ragone for his immeasurable help in supporting the committee’s work; Margaret Brosnan for writing, editing, and developing website content; Bill O’Brien for video production; Alonso Nichols and Momo Shinzawa of Tufts Photography and Matthew Healey for additional images.