Food Tank (www.FoodTank.com) is one of the fastest growing nonprofit organizations around food and agriculture issues, focused on building a global community for safe, healthy, nourished eaters. We spotlight environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable ways of alleviating hunger, obesity, and poverty, and create networks of people, organizations, and content to push for food system change.
Food Tank (www.FoodTank.com), in partnership with The Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, is excited to host the inaugural Boston Food Tank Summit on April 1st. This event will feature more than 35 different speakers from the food and agriculture field. Researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials, and students will come together for interactive panels.
Food Tank is looking for some high-energy, high-enthusiasm, talented, and committed volunteers to help us with the Summit.
At past Summits, volunteers have assisted with:
- Registration & Ushering
- Food & Hospitality
- Social Media & Photography
- Speaker Interviews
- Show Production
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for food and agriculture issues.
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail.
- Social media, photography, film, or performance skills are a plus
- Conference, event, marketing, and customer service skills are a plus.
- Restaurant or food handling skills are a plus.
- Skills in stage management or TV production are a plus.
To apply, please send a resume and your availability on April 1st to Vanesa Botero-Lowry (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Boston Summit Volunteer” in the subject line.