We hold events and fundraisers each semester to spread education about cancer and encourage participation in cancer advocacy efforts. We bring speakers to campus, volunteer with local cancer patients, and collaborate with Relay for Life each Spring. This year, we are looking to raise enough money to sponsor and grant a wish for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Some of our other events this year that we are planning are:
- Selling pink ribbon pins during October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Hosting a hair collection/donation event to provide wigs for cancer patients through Pantene Beautiful Lengths
- Cooking meals for cancer patients at the local Hope Lodge
- Donating toys to Tufts’ Floating Hospital for Children
- Holding a “Laps for Wishes” jog-a-thon fundraiser at the track to raise funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Participating in Relay for Life
We also hold meetings once a month to discuss new ideas and events, and to have discussions and speakers come in and talk as well.
To start volunteering, Katelyn Dibenetto, Andrew Nitirouth, and the rest of our exec board at CancerOutreach@gmail.com. Any and all help is appreciated!