Join Team TUSC General Membership
It’s easy to get involved in TUSC by becoming a genearl member on Team TUSC. This group is a drop-in style with no commitment, and meets bi-weekly to brainstorm ideas for upcoming events, explore hot topics in the music, and entertainment industries, and volunteer to support TUSC events. Members receive incentives from free tickets to events and trips, to TUSC swag and opportunities to meet artists and performers. Check out the calendar below for upcoming meetings.
Join TUSC Film Series General Membership
TUSC Film Series general membership is our longest running volunteer group, again with no commitment, responsible for planning and executing our weekly film screenings on campus. Members meet weekly to brainstorm ideas for upcoming movies, explore hot topics in the film and media industries. Select members volunteer as “projectionists” to actually play the film and manage an individulas screening, and receive a small incentive via Jumbocash for their time. Check out the calendar below for upcoming meetings.
Apply for a TUSC Coordinator Position
Each spring, TUSC seeks dynamic, energetic individuals to fill a number of programming and marketing roles for the 2019-20 Academic Year.
As a volunteer, student run organization, TUSC hosts a variety of events and programs which broaden the social experience at Tufts and build community across campus. As a member TUSC, you will brainstorm event ideas, implement these ideas, and help develop innovative ways to enhance social life at Tufts. This is an excellent opportunity for you to be involved and develop your creative and organizational skills.
TUSC Seeks To:
- Provide a variety of social activities,
- Meet the needs of a diverse student body, and
- Foster productive collaboration between various departments and student organizations.
Being a Member of TUSC Means:
- Actively promoting community and upholding cooperative team spirit,
- Attending bi-weekly full TUSC meetings and individual advising meetings,
- Contacting vendors and coordinating event logistics,
- Managing a programming budget, and
- Attending at and volunteer for events as needed (approximately ten one-hour shifts per semester).
TUSC Members Have:
- An open mind and are adaptable problem solvers,
- Strong organizational and time-management skills,
- The ability to work collaboratively on a team,
- An understanding of the diverse needs of the Tufts student body, and
- A desire to have fun while serving others.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 3, 2019.
Please note, incoming coordinators will be required to attend an introductory TUSC meeting on Wednesday, April 17th at noon, and submit Event Proposals to begin planning their fall events during the summer months. Availability and access to email is required during the summer months.