WPF Grants for Fletcher Student Groups
WPF welcomes funding requests for speaker honoraria and other expenses for events sponsored by established Fletcher School student groups. Please note: these funds are not for individual student travel for seminars or conferences. Note: Student groups must be affiliated with the Fletcher School.
Below are application criteria, deadlines and information about what to include in your proposal. Please send any additional questions to email@example.com.
Proposals can be submitted starting September 12, 2023 for events to be held in Academic Year 2023-2024. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all designated funds are used.
- All events must be held within the same fiscal year (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024) in which the application is made. Any event that is delayed beyond the fiscal year will need to re-apply for funds the subsequent year.
- We highly encourage groups to plan Spring semester programs to take place before April 30th.
- Funds will be transferred from WPF to an existing Fletcher School account and can only be used for the precise purpose specified in the award. If groups require additional funding to fully support an event, WPF will hold the funds until the student group is ready to move forward.
- Priority will be placed on events that align with the WPF’s mission and which bring expertise or resources to campus that are not already available.
- WPF follows all Tufts University COVID-19 travel restrictions and guidelines. Additionally, unless there are special circumstances, we will not fund travel for unvaccinated guests to speak on campus. These funds can be used to support honoraria.
To apply, please include the below information in a single document and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organization Name
- Contact Person for Organization and Contact information
- Brief information about the organization [one paragraph]: when established, how many members it has, other activities it sponsors, other sources of funding
- Name of event
- Description of event: including how it will bring resources/insights to Fletcher that are otherwise not available)
- Date of event (date frame is acceptable if several dates are under consideration, however, simply stating Spring semester, for instance, is not specific enough)
- Other Sponsors
- What you’re asking WPF to support: described both the activity to be funded and the amount required