Sep 26 2013
Service is an important component of being a librarian at Tufts University, and may include involvement in both professional and university related activities.
Library Service activities:
- Presented with Alicia Morris at the annual NETSL Fall Conference, “Navigating the New Normal”, Oct. 2-3, 2011. (You can read about the conference, and our presentation here.)
- Hosted a poster session: “From Backroom to Classroom: How Metadata Units Can Become Partners With Faculty and Students.” ACRL-NEC Conference, Worcester, MA. May 2012
- Presented with Alicia Morris and Dana Elder at Metadata Day: 2012 Professional Service Day for Science Librarians
- Member of the Metadata Working Group for GIS metadata, an emerging working group attempting to establish standards and policies for GIS metadata creation between Harvard, Tufts, MIT and Stanford.
- Member and team lead (2012) of the Discovery Platform Team
- Member of the Data Assessment Team (2012-)
- Member of the Metadata Management Team (2013-)
- Member of the Digital Asset Management Team, Collections (2013-)
University Service activities:
- Student Advisor (2013-)
- Presenter, along with Marie Claire Beaulieu, Associate Professor of Latin and Bridget Almas, Senior Programer, at the 2014 CAMWS annual meeting
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.