Executive Board

2013-2014 Executive Board

Team Captains:

Danielle

Danielle Craan

Class: 2016
Email: Danielle.Craan@tufts.edu
Majors: International Relations and Political Science

I joined ballroom because it was something that I had always wanted to do and I finally had someone to do it with. My favorite dances are Quickstep, Jive/Swing, Samba, well pretty much all of them. I’m looking forward to being captain, organizing events, and just being a sophomore in general.

Paula

Paula Kates

Class: 2016
Email: Paula.Kates@tufts.edu
Major: International Relations

My name is Paula Kates, and I am part of the endless stream of International Relations majors wandering around campus. I started ballroom dancing at the beginning of 8th grade after seeing the movie Take the Lead; because after seeing Antonio Banderas tango, who wouldn’t want to give it a shot? Needless to say, I fell in love with it, and am thrilled to be part of the Tufts Competitive Ballroom Dance Team. My favorite dance is the International Foxtrot, though at the moment I am only competing in the latin and rhythm style dances. The best part of Tufts ballroom is definitely the team; I’ve made great friends through our trials and tribulations, and look forward to making more in the coming year.

SkyeSkye Lewis

Class: 2016
Email: Skye.Lewis@tufts.edu
Major: Cognitive and Brain Sciences

Dance has always been a big part of my life, mostly in the form of classical ballet. I decided before I came to Tufts that ballroom would be a novel and fun way to maintain dance as a consistent factor in my day-to-day. I joined the team last year as a freshman and had a blast learning dances and attending competitions! This year I’m excited to help lead the team as one of the 2013-2014 captains. I relish a good rumba, a dance driven by emotional and physical tension.

Club Captains:

Priya

Priyanka Dharampuriya

Class: 2015
Email: Priyanka.Dharampuriya@tufts.edu
Majors: Biology and English

I’ve been dancing Indian styles since I was very young, and joined Ballroom on a whim this year with my friends. Long story short, they left and I stayed, and I couldn’t be happier.  I’ve learned so much from just one year on the team. Off the dance floor, I do research in Biology labs, am involved in Hindu Students’ Council, and write plays, poetry, and short fiction.

AmandaAmanda Hutter

Class: 2016
Email: Amanda.Hutter@tufts.edu
Major: Mathematics

I always wanted to try ballroom dancing, and Tufts makes it so easy to try it out! My freshman roommate and I joined the team with a smorgasbord of friends and it’s been a great decision. Also, the dresses are pretty nifty. My favorite dances are American Tango, Foxtrot, and Quickstep. I love the adrenaline rush I get from dancing a lot, whether it be from a competition setting or social dancing. Ballroom is also a good conversation starter and connective link to a surprising amount of people!

Competition Coordinators:

CarolineCaroline Moy

Class: 2015
Email: Caroline.Moy@tufts.edu
Major: International Relations

Hi! I joined Ballroom because I dabbled with it in high school, and wanted to get serious about it in college. I really enjoy both the competitive spirit of ballroom, and the sense of family the Ballroom Dance team has. My favorite dances are the Foxtrot and International Rumba.

Alie

Alexandria Northrup

Class: 2016
Email: Alexandria.Northrup@tufts.edu
Major: Chemical Engineering

I joined ballroom for something new to do and fell in love with it. I have no favorite dance, I like them all. My favorite part of ballroom is the community and the people I meet.

Treasurer:

Daniel Heller

Daniel Heller

Class: 2015
Email: Daniel.Heller@tufts.edu
Major: Biochemistry

I started dancing ballroom in high school, but became more serious about it when I came to Tufts. Last year, I served as the Team’s Captain while continuing to compete with my partner. This year, we will be dancing Gold Latin, Rhythm, and Smooth. I look forward to helping manage the team’s finances and be part of another amazing year of dancing.

Social Coordinator:

Anne-MarieAnne-Marie Vu

Class: 2015
Email: Anne.Vu@tufts.edu
Major: Biology
Minor: Dance (YEAHHHHHH DANCE.)

I started dancing when I was little because my mom thought my younger chubby self needed exercise. This small concern turned into a hobby, and then a passion. I love dance and am so excited to be social coordinator this year for the team! Fun fact: my favorite dancing style is International Latin, a.k.a. Paso Doble, Rumba, and Samba.

Webmaster/Historian:

IMG_2442-LMax Greenhouse

Class: 2016
Email: Max.Greenhouse@tufts.edu
Major: Drama
Minors: Film Studies and English

I never in a million years thought I would join Ballroom. But after seeing an incredible Orientation Show, I was hooked! My favorite dances are Samba, Paso Doble, and Waltz; but I really like them all. I always look forward to hanging out with my fellow teammates both on and off the dance floor!