Chris is a junior hailing from Vermont – the land of Bernie Sanders and maple syrup (and so much more). He is now a chemical engineering major, which can be intense at times; to relax, he likes to do mathematics, and probably will end up with a degree in that too. Chris came to Tufts Ballroom with zero dance experience, because he somehow managed to avoid ever having a dancing role in his several years of musical theater experience back in high school. Don’t ask him to pick a favorite dance, because he’ll just start listing all of the International Standard dances.
Zach is a junior at Tufts studying Quantitative Economics and Math. Coming to Tufts as a freshman Zach had no dance experience at all, but decided to join the ballroom team to try something new and now ballroom dancing is a passion of his.
While off the dance floor, Zach enjoys playing sports such as tennis, basketball, golf, and squash. He is also very fond of turtles and jelly beans.
Zach is so excited for the future of Tufts Ballroom and cannot wait to continue learning and dancing with everyone on the team.
Dan is a junior from Massachusetts double majoring in Chemical Physics and Spanish with the hope of becoming a doctor. Before coming to Tufts, Dan had never properly danced a day in his life, but after seeing the O-Show performance, he fell in love with ballroom dancing. Dan greatly appreciates the sense of community the team offers and enjoys both dancing and watching others (especially professional Latin dancers) compete. Dan’s favorite dances include Jive, Paso Doble, and both Smooth and Standard Waltz. Off the dance floor, you can find Dan researching in a chemistry lab, tutoring the janitorial staff in English through the LCS, volunteering at various Boston-area hospitals, and trying to teach himself way too many foreign languages at once.
Jamie is a junior at Tufts studying Quantitative Economics and minoring in Russian. She loves dancing, especially spontaneously swing dancing. Jamie will be the senior competition coordinator and is excited to make this Tufts competition the most comprehensive a Tufts comp has ever been.
Junior Competition Coordinator
Lexi is a junior from Philadelphia studying Biopsychology and Computer Science. She started dancing as part of a color guard in her school’s marching band, and later continued on to drum corps, but when she got to college she found ballroom. While the dancing is different, she is very happy that she still has an excuse to wake up at 4AM and don far too many rhinestones. When not coordinating competitions, she can be found working as a TA for the computer science department or as part of the music events technical staff for the Granoff Music Center. She is very much looking forward to helping with Tufts Comp this year!
Megan is a senior from Connecticut studying Child Development and Clinical Psychology. She joined the team freshman year with 16 years of dance experience and 4 hours of ballroom experience (senior dance lessons for prom) under her belt. She now spends approximately 85% of her waking hours dancing with her incredible team. The other 15% is watching Netflix. She is so excited to be show director and for another great year with the amazing team.
Joan is a junior from New York City studying Environmental Communications and Biopsychology. She started ballroom dancing as a senior in high school for a semester of physical education and fell in love. Joining the Tufts Ballroom Team, she fell in love with the people and community and has not stopped dancing since.
When she isn’t dancing, she is holed in her room watching tv shows and movies as well as reading the occasional book. She is also involved with the Tufts Korean American Association’s Big Brother Big Sister group and the Tufts Sustainability Collective.