All are welcome to attend the Community Health Advocates at Tufts (CHAT)’s Presidential Election Panel!
DATE: Monday Oct 15th, 2012
LOCATION: Sackler 221
Come enjoy food and a chance to learn more about the upcoming Presidential Election!
1. Malisa Schuyler, Tufts Medical Center Director of Government Relations
2. Marcia M. Boumil, J.D, L.L.M, Associate Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine
3. Amy Whitcomb Slemmer, Executive Director for Health Care for All
4. Health Care for All Organizer
Tufts Institute of the Environment is having an open house this Friday, October 5th from 10am to 12pm. There should be lots of great food and information about TIE programming!
TIE is located at:
Miller Hall 210 Packard Ave Medford, MA 02155
All are welcome!
CHAT is offering FREE SPANISH classes for beginners!
- Gain or strengthen your language skills
- Work to overcome language barriers
- Give your resume a boost
- Meet other Tufts students
Classes will be held twice a month, beginning in December.
Details on the first class:
When: Thursday, December 1st, 4:00-5:15 p.m.
Where: M&V Room 102
Who: PHPD, MBS, Emerson, and Friedman students
Note: The session will start promptly at 4:00 p.m. Intermediate-level speakers are welcome to join to practice their Spanish, but this class is primarily for beginners.
RSVP via Doodle
Email us with questions: CHATufts at gmail dot com
November Networking Event
with Boston Young Healthcare Professionals
Stop by Flann O’Brien’s Pub on Wednesday, November 16 from 6-9pm
- Chat with our Executive Board and Committee Chairs
- Learn more about BYHP membership
- Explore leadership and participation opportunities
- Meet other healthcare professionals
Bring colleagues and peers! RSVP at Eventbrite
What: An opportunity to get out of the city, stretch your legs and enjoy the fall leaves!
When: Saturday, Oct 8st (rescheduled from September 24th)
Where: Mt. Monadnock (3,165 ft) in New Hampshire
Who: Tufts faculty, students, family and significant others
- To carpool: Meet at 8 a.m. at the Alewife T Station (red line). We will return to Alewife by 5 p.m. Or you can meet us at the trailhead.
- If you’d like to drive a carpool, let us know! We’ll share the cost of gas.
- Bring your own lunch and water
- $4 per person entrance fee at the mountain
- RVSP to CHATufts at gmail dot com by October 1
Email CHATufts at gmail dot com if you have questions or would like directions
Please note: This is not an official Tufts event, people participate at their own risk.
“There’s a great networking opportunity with the Boston Young Healthcare Professionals this Monday, Jan. 24th from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
For more info: http://byhp.eventbrite.com/
WHAT: BYHP’s First-Ever Meet and Greet. We’re excited to begin connecting emerging young healthcare professionals!
WHEN: Monday, Jan. 24th from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Lir (backstage area), 903 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02115-3104 (Near Hynes T-stop on the Green Line).
WHY: Why not? Make great connections, learn something new, and help us build a stronger healthcare community to drive towards meaningful change for the future. If there’s something exciting going on in your field, or you’re looking for others to become involved in your latest effort, this could be a great chance to engage others in a new project or discuss exciting healthcare topics!
HOW: Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our Eventbrite site at: http://byhp.eventbrite.com/. Feel free to bring co-workers and friends!
Light Appetizers will be Provided.
BYHP’s Mission is to connect emerging and passionate healthcare leaders in the greater Boston area to foster strong relationships and build knowledge across all healthcare disciplines.”
Empire Garden Restaurant
690 Washington St
(between Beach St & Lagrange St)
Boston, MA 02111
Friday December 10th at 6:30pm
Enjoy fantastic food and fantastic company as we discuss plans for next year!