Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2012-13 Academic Year
Anders Simpson-Wolf, Ramanjit Singh, Scott Staniewicz, Michael Tran
AR Drone for Structural Health Monitoring: Using image processing and RFID technology to automate the detection of structural cracks in bridge structures.
Ross Beighley, Tyler Heck
Cell Stimulus and Response Simulation System: Building a system to automate the introduction of chemicals into neuron cells to aid researchers in identifying cellular response mechanisms.
Nicholas Ferrentino, Denise Nguyen, Mical Nobel, Hassan Oukacha
Digitally Measuring Outflow Resistance/Facility of an Eye: Designing a digital tonometer to assist ophthalmologists and optical technicians to measure intraocular pressure to determine the presence of glaucoma.
The Yellow Team members, along with Engineering Psychology student Bianka Mejia, were awarded the 2013 Stephen and Geraldine Ricci Interdisciplinary Prize, which is awarded annually to student teams that demonstrate exceptional interdisciplinary engineering design and entrepreneurial spirit.
Steinway Piano Signal Distribution: Designing the circuitry and software to process electronic piano keyboard signals faster than the human perception threshold to eliminate the noticeable musical delay.
Edwin V. Babbitt IV, Meth Bandara, Haris Iqbal
Solar Insolation Calibrator: Designing and building a photo-voltaic sensor array on a geodesic dome to derive the solid angle of incident light to determine the position of the sun.
Ronald Hong, Daniel Kotin
Personalization and Improvement of Home Automation: Dreating a wireless sensor network to detect the presence of people to facilitate automation and efficiency of home energy usage and appliances.
Brennon Costello, Joshua Elliott
Digital Control of 3D Metal Prototyping: Developing and Designing a three dimensional positioning system and thermal control for rapid prototyping of metal objects.
- Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2012-13 Academic Year
- Art of Design Ron Lasser
- Critical Thinking for Engineers Michael Tran
- Customer Needs Identification Anders Simpson-Wolf
- Design for the Environment Brennon Costello
- Engineering Ethics Denise Nguyen
- Engineering Method Ron Lasser
- Fuzzy Front-End Hassan Oukacha
- Intellectual Property Thomas Cahill
- Problem Identification in Engineering Design Scott Staniewicz
- Product Adoption Ross Beighley
- Product Concept Generation Mical Nobel
- Product Development Economics Haris Iqbal
- Product Liability Nicholas Ferrentino
- Project Management for Engineers Daniel Kotin
- Rapid Prototyping Ramanjit Singh
- Risk Management Ronald Hong
- Test-Driven Software Development Tyler Heck
Top Topics3D Printing Abstract Thought Brainstorming Communications Concept Generation Cost Management Critical Thinking Customer Design Design for the Environment Design Process Electrical/Computer Engineering Environment Ethics Innovation Integrity Intellectual Property Legal Manufacturing & Processing Marketing Medical Devices Patents People Product Adoption Product Design Product Development Product Development Cycle Product Liability Professional/Management Project Life Cycle Project Management Prototype Rapid Prototyping Risk Analysis Risk Management Risk Mitigation Senior Design Software Development Strict Liability Test-Driven Development Testing Thinking & Creativity Time-based Competition Time-to-Market Time Management