Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2012-13 Academic Year
Anders Simpson-Wolf, Ramanjit Singh, Scott Staniewicz, Michael Tran
AR Drone for Structural Health Monitoring: Using image processing and RFID technology to automate the detection of structural cracks in bridge structures.
Ross Beighley, Tyler Heck
Cell Stimulus and Response Simulation System: Building a system to automate the introduction of chemicals into neuron cells to aid researchers in identifying cellular response mechanisms.
Nicholas Ferrentino, Denise Nguyen, Mical Nobel, Hassan Oukacha
Digitally Measuring Outflow Resistance/Facility of an Eye: Designing a digital tonometer to assist ophthalmologists and optical technicians to measure intraocular pressure to determine the presence of glaucoma.
The Yellow Team members, along with Engineering Psychology student Bianka Mejia, were awarded the 2013 Stephen and Geraldine Ricci Interdisciplinary Prize, which is awarded annually to student teams that demonstrate exceptional interdisciplinary engineering design and entrepreneurial spirit.
Steinway Piano Signal Distribution: Designing the circuitry and software to process electronic piano keyboard signals faster than the human perception threshold to eliminate the noticeable musical delay.
Edwin V. Babbitt IV, Meth Bandara, Haris Iqbal
Solar Insolation Calibrator: Designing and building a photo-voltaic sensor array on a geodesic dome to derive the solid angle of incident light to determine the position of the sun.
Ronald Hong, Daniel Kotin
Personalization and Improvement of Home Automation: Dreating a wireless sensor network to detect the presence of people to facilitate automation and efficiency of home energy usage and appliances.
Brennon Costello, Joshua Elliott
Digital Control of 3D Metal Prototyping: Developing and Designing a three dimensional positioning system and thermal control for rapid prototyping of metal objects.
- sites.tufts.edu > Electrical and Computer Engineering Design Handbook > Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2012-13 Academic Year
- Table of Contents
- Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2012-13 Academic Year
- Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2013-14 Academic Year
- 1. Design Process
- 2. Management
- 3. Technologies
- 4. Communications And Life Skills
Top TopicsBusiness Strategy Communications Consumer Technologies Creativity & Innovation Design for X Emerging Technologies Engineering Economics Ethics Industrial Technologies Interpersonal Skills Legal & Intellectual Property Marketing & Customer Research Product Development Life Cycle Product Liability Prototyping & Manufacturing Risk Management Societal Impact
1. Design Process1. Design Process
- Art of Design Ron Lasser
- Critical Thinking for Engineers Michael Tran
- Customer Needs Identification Anders Simpson-Wolf
- Engineering Method Ron Lasser
- Fuzzy Front-End Hassan Oukacha
- Problem Identification in Engineering Design Scott Staniewicz
- Product Adoption Ross Beighley
- Product Concept Generation Mical Nobel
- Test-Driven Software Development Tyler Heck
4. Communications And Life Skills4. Communications And Life Skills