Job Description: This is a a student intern position and is a 40/hours per week position based in Canton, MA. The intern will gather a wide variety of environmental data and collect samples of a variety of media. The intern may, with experience, interpret and evaluate data. The intern will gain experience and knowledge in a variety of applicable sampling and data collection and evaluation techniques.
• Sample groundwater monitoring wells
• Gauge monitoring wells for water depth and free phase liquid contaminants (petroleum, solvents, etc)
• Screen vapors with field instrumentation
• Monitor remediation systems (record pressures, flows, and other system status during routine visits)
• Assist with maintenance and repair tasks (piping, component replacement, filter media change-out)
• Assist with waste management and handling on site
• Assist with new installations temporary fencing, small pumps, small piping, etc)
• Project documentation (daily logs, daily safety forms, field data tables)
Typical work environment consists of both office setting as well as project field setting. The position is primarily based in Portsmouth, NH. No expenses for daily travel to and from the site will be provided. Some physical requirements – lifting less than 50 lbs. Interested in local candidates. Must have valid driver’s license.
Must be college students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Geology, Engineering or other related Environmental field.
40 hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Worker Training preferred. Must have completed at least 1 year of college. Prior experience a plus. This is a Temporary position.
To view the original job listing, and to apply, visit:
http://www.cbi.com/careers/job-search (job requisition # EI32743)