Green Building Communications Intern
Do you want to help make every building in the world (at least in Mass.) a green building? Our mission is to enable every person to live, work, learn and play in green buildings within a generation. Would you like to participate on the inside of the movement with us at the USGBC MA Chapter? We are looking for a passionate green building enthusiast ready to evangelize for our cause!
We are growing our membership base, improving our fundraising capacity, and developing a stronger influence in the industry and in the policy realm. We need help!
- fluent in social media, blogging and online collaboration
- able to work effectively with not-every-day supervision
- able to work remotely
- passionate about expanding the green building industry
Do you have references that can attest to your good working habits? Can you share a story of how you were proactive in an organization? We will prefer folks who have been involved in the Chapter previously and/or otherwise can show some connection to the green building industry.
General Job requirements:
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Prepared to do both creative and “kinda boring” work
- Good written and verbal skills
- Highly organized and a good communicator
- Willing to commit to working hard and, once committed, being reliable
- Knowledge and ability to write green building technical content.
The Intern will report to the Executive Director and Communications Committee Chair and will meet at least twice a week with the Executive Director for updates and planning. Interns are expected to work from the USGBC MA Chapter office at least half their time. The Intern will attend monthly Communications Committee meetings and will be required to attend a hands-on website and database training.
Students and recent graduates with a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field are encouraged to apply. Depending on skills and interests, intern projects may include:
- Maintaining and updating the Chapter distribution lists
- Graphic design work on chapter materials
- Assisting with website maintenance, monthly newsletters, and media outreach.
- Writing and editing press releases and summaries on Chapter news
- Monitoring local green building news and reporting relevant items to the ED.
Start Date: September 9, 2013. Pay Rate: $10/hr.
This is a three+ month commitment of 20 hours a week, with the potential to be extended or evolved into a more significant position.
How to apply
Application Send resume and show us how you connect with our mission. No phone calls, please email; please include the term “Communications Internship Application” in the subject line. Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org