Farmers Market Coordinator, Brooklyn
POSITION Farmers Market Coordinator
ABOUT RISEBORO We unleash the potential of communities to thrive, no matter the odds.
Since 1973, we’ve offered services designed to support every generation and meet the needs of communities. Our divisions encompass seniors, housing, education, health and empowerment.
Our unique model of holistic community revitalization works by developing neighborhood assets, like affordable housing, to create the foundation for a more vibrant and diverse community. We build upon this foundation with programs designed to connect people to resources to help everyone in the community thrive, especially our most vulnerable populations. This inclusive approach helps unleash the potential of the community and ensures that nobody is left behind in times of growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Farmers Market Coordinator will implement RiseBoro’s network of Farmers Markets for our Bushwick Cooks Program. They will coordinate day-to-day aspects of the markets as well as administrative duties related to sales, advertising, outreach, presentations, cooking demonstrations, research, and vendor development. RiseBoro Farmers Markets provide Bushwick area community residents with access to affordable produce directly from farmers and producers.
· Operation of market:
Load and transport market inventory,
set-up and breakdown of tents/tables,
merchandise local goods,
· Management of social media account (Instagram) ·
Training of youth and volunteers
· Record keeping and distribution of EBT tokens & Health Bucks
· End-of-market accounting and vendor data collection
· Non-market hours will be spent on market administration: inventory control, community outreach, and vendor development
· Together with the Bushwick Cooks Manager, organize and deliver promotional presentations & cooking demonstrations
· Additionally, Market Coordinator will connect farmers with relevant contacts at our regional aggregator partners
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Bilingual English/Spanish. Familiarity with Bushwick, Brooklyn preferred
· NYS driver’s license with clean driving record. Ability to drive a box truck. Commercial driver license highly desired
· Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
· Ability to stand for hours and work in all weather conditions
· Ability to work on weekends and early mornings
· Familiarity with cash, EBT/SNAP and credit card transactions
· Interest in food justice and community health
· Experience with record-keeping. Excel skills are a plus
· Positive attitude, entrepreneurial spirit and superior customer service (for market customers and vendors)
· NYC Food Protection Certificate or ServSafe certification a plus
EDUCATION Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university strongly preferred. High School Diploma required.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-time 35/hours week SALARY $40,000, annually, plus a generous benefits package.
APPLICATION DEADLINE Deadline is rolling until position is filled. We are looking to fill this position quickly.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER Luciano Contreras, Bushwick Cooks Manager, Lcontreras@riseboro.org, subject should include, “Farmers Market Coordinator”