Retail Assistant – Siena Farms
We are seeking hardworking, high-energy, positive individuals who are motivated by a career interest in food and sustainable agriculture to join our team. Siena Farms Retail Assistants will be core team members of the year-round retail staff for our 50-acre vegetable farm. Retail Assistants will work closely with the managers and other members of the Siena Farms team to help professionally operate and grow retail sales at Siena Farms South End (106 Waltham St., Boston) and Siena Farms @ Boston Public Market.
Retail Assistants, like all of our employees, will be held to high standards for organization, communication, positive attitude, respect and kindness for coworkers, work quality, and professional work ethic and schedule. A background in retail sales or customer service is required, as well as experience with, or a passion for, farming and/or cooking.
The retail assistant position is a full-time or part-time position. Hours average 30-40 hours per week, spread over 4 or 5 shifts per week. Weekend availability is required. Compensation includes hourly wage and farm veggies.
- Greet customers and provide friendly and informed customer service
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and be able to recommend products based on customer needs and desires
- Perform daily retail sales using point-of-sale system
- Follow all opening and end-of-day systems and protocols
- Help maintain product display, product pricing and labeling
- Maintain accurate invoices for chefs and other wholesale customers
- CSA promotion and sales to members and potential members visiting our retail sites
- Training of Siena Farms apprentices and farm crew into some or all of these
daily retail activities
- Uphold a clean, safe, organized, and beautiful working environment for
customers and co-workers
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resumé to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!