Here’s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
But first, worth reading is an interesting op-ed from a Yale University senior about the “sanitized” presentations of museums that she’s encountered. Agree or disagree, it’s a very opinionated presentation. Read it here.
- British Museum to showcase ancient relics from Pompeii
- Boise Art Museum Brings Three Indigenous Cultures to Life With New Exhibit
- The Asian Art Museum in SF unveils new augmented reality app for its Terracotta Warriors exhibit
- Visiting Barcelona’s Cell Phone Museum
- El Anatsui at the Brooklyn Museum
- Logic Puzzle Museum to host annual Tongue Twister Contest
- ‘Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity’ at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Surgical science museum features tools alongside an artist in residence
- Exclusive photos: The by-invitation only Hermès Museum is in a class by itself
- Southampton Historical Museum Does The Harlem Shake
- New York Fashion Museum Shows its ‘Shoe Obsession’
- Video games zap their way into top New York museum