Hereâ€™s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
The big news this week, of course, is the FBI’s statement on the Gardner Museum heist over 20 years ago. Do you think we’ll ever see those pieces again? Hear ABC’s take on the story, although there are many more out there.
Also my favorite project of the week: Seattle Art Museum’s new outdoor LED screen which reflects back images of the community — quite literally! An interesting concept and a beautiful integration into SAM’s architecture. Read more.
- iPad app brings Grand Rapid Art Museum to the wider world.
- Queen’s Museum to be renamed amid expansion
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art gets 655000 for contemporary curator position
- London museum cancels heavy metal gig, fearing noise damage
- No Merger for Los Angeles Museum
- Technology that serves to enhance, not distract
- David Bowie exhibition at London museum draws record ticket sales
- Criticizing UK’s attitude toward arts, museum director resigns