Here’s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
Then, there’s been a disturbing trend of poaching in museums. In other words, stealing the ivory tusks from rhino and elephant skeletons in natural history museums. Read about one foiled theft in Paris in The New York Daily News and the overall trend in Smithsonian Magazine.
And now, back to our regular round-up:
- Art museum’s storage bin held a secret masterwork
- Museums join US tribe to oppose Paris artifact sale
- Patna Museum Buddha relics a money-spinner
- Chastened, Folk Art Museum Puts Down Healthier Roots
- Family demands Norwegian museum return Matisse once looted by Nazis
- From A-ha to OK Go: A museum exhibit all about the music video