Here’s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
My pick of this week is this Sun Times piece about what we’re losing in the Field Museum’s budget cuts and how much more there is to natural history museum than what you can see for the price of admission.
- Fire Destroys Danish Museum, Collection Saved
- Museum in Gummidipoondi offers a ‘hearty’ welcome to visitors
- NY and Israel museums jointly buy ancient Hebrew manuscript that was about to be auctioned
- Smithsonian to close some exhibit areas because of sequestration
- Scholars find cannibalism at Jamestown settlement
- Museum in debt, suspends regular hours of operation
- Museum of Modern Art launches free-admission promotions
- 9/11 museum at Ground Zero will charge for admission, angering family members of victims
- Museum Offered a Boost
- World’s most beautiful museums
- Metropolitan Museum says it will return Cambodian statues