Here’s our weekly round-up of our favorite things that were said about museums this week: the good, the bad, and the really quite strange!
First, what do you think? Should Scotland Yard open its grisly murder museum to the public? Read the article and share your thoughts in the comments. Educational? Icky? Unethical?
In other news:
- For Kids, a History App Meant for Museums
- Petersen Automotive Museum offers details of renovation plan
- NYC museum exhibit shows virtues of living small
- Museum embezzler pleads guilty
- Apaches’ Dispute With American Museum of Natural History
- Swedish museum to recover lost scientific artifact
- Museum Crowdsources Funds to Restore Grauman’s Chinese Theatre’s Neon Dragon
- Museum for African Art Pivots Toward Policy
- ‘Hippie Chic’ Shows at Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Virtual autopsy: explore a natural mummy from early Egypt.
Also, not news, but here’s a sobering perspective, with a fascinating set of comments, from the NYTimes’ Opinion Section. Read why this author hates museums, and why those commenting agree or disagree.