Exploring ideas and engaging in conversation

About the Blog

Welcome to the Tufts Museum Studies Blog!

The Museum Studies blog is student-centered and student-run, but it is not solely for current students. Our goal is to create and support a community of museum professionals while showcasing interesting museum news and engaging in conversation. We will frequently post reviews and questions, and would love to hear your thoughts!

New posts appear throughout the week. Check out the blog for reviews of exhibitions and projects, discussions on various ideas, and information on jobs and events. We also round up interesting news articles about museums around the world.

Want Museum Studies in your Inbox? 

Click here to subscribe to our weekly email newsletter, including updates on jobs, events, and content posts that have been posted throughout the week!

More Ways to Stay in Touch with the Museum World!

Thankfully for us, the museum world has embraced the Internet. It’s never been easier to tune into the constant stream of innovations, options, and exhibitions that keep our field exciting. We’ve listed some of our favorite museum-related blogs and online resources below. Check them out!

Blogs

Bibliographies

20 Comments

1. margaret feuer

How do I post a job listing on your site for executive director of a local history museum in Palo Alto, CA.?

2. Phillippa Pitts

We’d be happy to add your job listing! Please email us at tuftsmuseumblog@gmail.com. Thank you!

3. simie

Museums are one of the most popular items on any city tour itinerary. They present history, culture, nature, some museums are simply funny and meant to entertain us

4. garret

Thank you for posting all of the museum jobs. For easier reference, could you please put the month and year of the posting, i see several have “1974.”

5. Phillippa Pitts

Hi Garret, Good eye! The 1974 dating is a workaround that was set up when the blog was built to stop all the job postings from individually mailing to those who had subscribed the blog. We’ll start putting a posting date on them! Thanks.

6. human resources

Dear Web Master
    Cooper Hewitt positions have closed and been filled. Kindly take the announcements off the website after they have closed. Kind regards,
    HR

7. Tegan Kehoe

Hello,
    I’d be glad to take the positions down if I am notified that they have been filled; however, this information isn’t always publicly available, so I default to posting the date the applications are due, if that information has been announced. I will take down the recent Cooper Hewitt positions. If you want to talk about this further, or to let Tufts students know about openings (and when they fill) in the future, you can email me at tuftsmuseumblog@gmail.com
    -Tegan

8. Terry Jackson

How do I update information for our Association?

9. Tegan Kehoe

You can comment here, or email me at tufts.museum.blog@gmail.com, and I’ll make the changes as soon as possible.

10. Jonathan Doe

I have MA in Museum and Heritage Studies. I have been practicing as a field guide in Ghana for 7 years now. Anyone knows of a Museum I can be relavant too? I would be happy to know. Thanks.

11. Tegan Kehoe

Hi Jonathan,
    I recommend checking out our jobs page — http://sites.tufts.edu/museumstudents/job-announcements/ — and if you are looking for jobs specific to your field guide experience, I recommend using some of the links towards the top, which point you to a number of other job boards, some of which allow you to filter your search by type of position. Best of luck!

12. Juan Miguel

Thank you for let us know about your museum studies. Looks very interested to who web love arts.

13. Julia

Hi Colleen and Jess, thanks for sharing your passion with us.
    All those people who enjoy art can visit this blog and enjoy your articles, and even better, we can participate by sharing our experiences and knowledge in the comments.
    Thanks again and best regrds.
    Ju.

14. Empresa de Limpieza Rosario

thanks for your article!!! Thank you for posting all of the museum jobs.

15. Reparación de Móviles Murcia

interesting information. Thanks a lot, i will continue reading other posts. Regards!!!

16. Avani Sepang Goldcoast Resort

Interesting blog!! Looking forward to new posts

17. Impermeabilizaciones

Museums are one of the most popular items on any city tour itinerary. Best Regards!!!

18. Limpieza de fin de obra

Thank you post, very interesting!

Looks very interested to who web love arts.

Regards!

19. Aries Munandi

hank you for your helpful information

20. barbaraappelbaum

Very impressive blog!! Looking forward to new posts.
    I am also a museum conservator & consultant and worked in Museums & Collection holding Newyork institutions.

Checkout my Bio & Website Here:
    https://www.barbaraappelbaumbooks.com/bio/