The Senior Content Developer works as a member of the development team to create the overall vision for the visitor experience of new and/or refurbished older exhibits. Responsibilities include establishing appropriate educational objectives, developing engaging interpretive strategies and experiences and testing them with visitors to ensure that they are inspiring and engaging for a wide range of audiences, including visitors with disabilities.
- Develop content and experiences for 1–2 large exhibitions or 5–7 small exhibitions annually.
- Ensure content accuracy for 6–9 exhibitions annually.
This position is full-time, 40hrs/wk, Monday –Friday
Supervisor of Exhibit Content Development
- Bachelor of Science or Arts and additional course work.
- Five (5) or more years of informal STEM education experience.
- Demonstrated writing ability, especially in communicating STEM topics for a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex concepts into experiences, narratives, and environments that connect people to STEM topics.
- Demonstrated experience translating ideas into appealing and accessible (intellectually and physically) experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent content research using the internet, print media, and direct contact with specialists.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge in STEM education.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.