Located on the waterfront of historic downtown Newburyport, Massachusetts, The Firehouse Center for the Arts advances the arts and humanities in the Greater Newburyport region by fostering the growth and development of the individual artists and cultural organizations through its programs and services; stimulating understanding of and participation in the arts and humanities; and presenting, sponsoring and producing a broad range of cultural, educational and artistic programs.
Over the past twenty-three years, the Firehouse Center has been a hallmark of local culture and arts, drawing patrons from local communities as well as a large tourist crowd year round. Supported by a “village” of artists, patrons, philanthropists, businesses, and volunteers, the Firehouse’s 195-seat theater is active throughout the year with Firehouse Produced events, partner presentations, and arts education programs.
This is a full-time position located in Newburyport, MA. For more information on the Firehouse Center for the Arts, please visit www.firehouse.org.
The Firehouse Center for the Arts seeks an Executive Director to serve as the Chief Executive of the organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will manage the operation and development of the organization to ensure that the Firehouse Center for the Arts achieves its artistic, strategic, and financial goals as it advances its mission.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Coordination of annual and long-range strategic planning including both artistic and financial goals;
- Active participation in a number of Board Committees;
- Leadership for development/revenue goals and active participation in all development activities, including;
- Annual Giving
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Special Events
- Capital Planning
- Donor relationship and data management
- Leadership, support, and oversight of all communications/marketing goals and activities;
- Management and support (with Facilities Manager and Board) of operation and maintenance of Firehouse facility;
- Leadership, management, and support (in conjunction with other staff) of all educational programs of the theatre; and
- Representation and advocacy for the theatre with government agencies, foundations, community members, local business groups, and arts organizations.
- BA required, Master’s preferred;
- Extensive experience in non-profit management;
- Passion for and understanding of non-profit arts;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking;
- Collegial, able to manage stress and encourage others in their success;
- Demonstrated ability to build donor and community relationships;
- Broad experience in planning, budgeting, managing, and working with a board of directors; and
- Must be an innovative, strategic thinker with initiative and passion.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Firehouse Center for the Arts has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Turner Delano here.
The Firehouse Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.