The Westport Arts Center is a non-profit visual and performing arts organization dedicated to creating arts experiences that enrich the lives of area residents and the entire community. For information, go to the website at ww.westportartscenter.org <http://ww.westportartscenter.org> . Gallery hours are Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, 10 a.m. to 2p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., at 51 Riverside Avenue, Westport, CT.
The Westport Arts Center seeks a skilled and innovative art educator to manage and implement after-school programs and workshops. Reporting to and in collaboration with the Director of Education, the Westport Arts Center Education Fellow will design, manage, and implement the following:
* Perform a variety duties including researching, planning, organizing and teaching on-going art education programs for a wide range of audiences, including children ages toddler-13 and families, school and home school groups; senior citizens, scout and other interest groups.
* Lead inquiry-based school-group tour and classroom visits that are designed to re-enforce 21st Century Skills relevant to art and to core curriculum in a number of k-12 subject areas.
* Assist with administrative needs related to all areas of Youth and Adult Education programs.
* Develop educational materials, templates and curricula to be used in WAC’s galleries, on the WAC website (e.g. gallery aides, activity-guides and teacher materials).
* Lead workshops during scheduled community outreach events and festivals.
* Undergraduate or master’s degree in education, museum education or art education.
* Excellent written, verbal, artistic, and administrative skills; attention to detail.
* Proficient in adobe programs, including InDesign.
* Ability to initiate, implement, and deliver innovative education programs as part of a creative and collaborative team.
* Must have the ability to interact effectively with all age levels, need levels, and cultural backgrounds.
* Must work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and/or evenings as necessary.
* Must be innovative, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Part-time position (25 hours/week) Monday-Friday, with occasional weekend and evening events. 12-month – September 2012-September 2013
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Education
Westport Arts Center
51 Riverside Avenue
Westport, CT 06880