Our Committee

President: Parnian Mokri

I am a Ph.D. candidate at Tufts Electrical Engineering department. My professional life has been centered around hardware design for the past 15 years, first developing languages to describe hardware, then designing medical devices, and now designing accelerators for edge processors. To balance that, I enjoy poetry, playing piano, short walks in nature, and coffee!

Vice-president : Sarah Hladikova

Treasurer : Blessing Kolawole

Chair of Outreach : Sarah Abowitz

Sarah Abowitz (she/her) is a second-year PhD in Computer Science at Tufts University and also the Social Chair for ACM-W. This systems and security researcher is interested in the debugging vs. privacy conflict in the context of microservices. Outside of research, Sarah enjoys math knitting, cooking, baking, and most kinds of weather.

Chair of Professional Development : Samantha Katcher

My advisor is Professor Dan Votipka, my research is on usable cybersecurity design and cyber data science. My hobbies include going to the beach, ballroom dancing, and ice skating!

Chair of Research : Polina Shpilker

I’m a 4th year PhD student working on Computational Biology research with Lenore Cowen. My current research is focused on developing tools to assist wet lab researchers with storing their metadata such that their data can be re-used and their research repeated. I love drawing, knitting, and playing (and developing) video games!