Robotic Arm

Robotic Arm

I made a robotic arm, due to technical difficulties still need to finish it up.

Simon

I wanted to make a robotic arm to be able to hold objects and pick them up. However, since I had trouble getting parts and the raspbery pi broke, I still have to finish some stuff up. Right now, I only have part of it made. I plan to add many more features on to it once I get it working, like possibly a rope to act as a tendon and support it more, and image recognition to pick things up with a camera.

21 thoughts on “Robotic Arm

• August 7, 2020 at 3:42 PM
      Permalink

I plan to use a method to move different parts that first checks if it would hit any surroundings by moving the arm. I will hard code where the objects are into it, since it will not be moving. Maybe in the future I could program something more advanced.

• August 7, 2020 at 1:36 PM
    Permalink

I really liked the enthusiasm and dedication you put into this project! Unfortunately we only had few days to work on this, but im sure that given more time that you would have finished your arm!

• August 7, 2020 at 3:37 PM
      Permalink

I plan to use servos and possibly other things to assist them. Hopefully with some trig it shouldnt be too complicated to figure out how much to turn everything.

• August 7, 2020 at 2:43 PM
    Permalink

Did you have to look at other examples online to design your robotic arm? I know Tufts has some really cool ones if you want to check it out 🙂

• August 7, 2020 at 2:43 PM
    Permalink

great work! Did you think about possible courses of action if the servos weren’t strong enough to move the arm? Perhaps gears or pulleys? Awesome job!

• August 7, 2020 at 3:35 PM
      Permalink

I’m still going to try to use the servos, but might add some ropes or counterweights if it is too much for them to handle.

• August 7, 2020 at 3:02 PM
    Permalink

I am impressed by the varied joints or points of motion you included in your arm and the ways in which you thought about how to obtain different types of motion (e.g., the bearing for the rotation and the combination of hinged joints).

• August 7, 2020 at 3:47 PM
    Permalink

Great job. I know it was difficult with all the pains with the pi and other resources but you did a great job building the base of the arm and I am impressed by it as a whole. I hope you continue to work on this project and keep us in the loop regarding its development.

• August 7, 2020 at 3:47 PM
    Permalink

Nice job, I think robotic arm will come out nicely, How do you plan to use this once it is complete and what were some of the challenges the impeded your progress?

• August 7, 2020 at 3:48 PM
    Permalink

This is a really cool idea and a big project to take on over the course of just a few days. You may want to consider adding a few pulleys to reduce torque on your motors and get them closer to the Pi itself. I cant wait to see it in working condition!