Comparative Pathology Services
Tufts Comparative Pathology Services and the Animal Histology Core were established to help Tufts University and Tufts Medical Center researchers with their animal pathology projects. Our services also are available to external investigators. We are located on the Boston campus of the Tufts Health Science Center.
Our team is made up of a comparative pathologist, veterinary pathology technician, and a research histologist. Our goal to help you accomplish your research objectives with more efficiency, less cost, and better results whenever possible. We want to help you avoid the common pitfalls.
- We are not a black box! Don’t feel that you should have to just drop off your samples with an unknown person. Come sit down with us and tell us about your project.
- Never done animal pathology before? No idea where to start? No problem. We offer group and individual training sessions in tissue collection, gross anatomy, and preparation of tissues for histology. If this is your first time doing a particular tissue collection or assessment, we’ll walk you through it and give you all our tricks and tips.
- Experienced in animal histology and pathology? Our staff of professionals with multiple areas of expertise hopes to use our collective experience and knowledge to help you achieve your research goals. Also, we love learning new techniques, so if you suggest a method or stain we haven’t used before that you have had great success with in the past, we will learn it!
- Histology (see full list of services under the Animal Histology Core tab)
- Tissue Collection
- Gross necropsy reports
- Phenotyping of genetically engineered mutant mice
- Rodent embryonic lethality investigation
- Diagnostic cases
- Training in gross and microscopic anatomy
- Budget preparation assistance for grants
- Assistance developing the pathology section of grant applications
- Internal review of pathology papers prior to submission
- Clinical Pathology