Every gift we receive will make a Jumbo difference. We’re taking the herd approach and want you to participate at any level that works for you. Here are examples of the work your collective gifts could support:
- 20 gifts of $10 = $200 – Speakers for the Tufts elephant conservation series
- 20 gifts of $25 = $500 – Acoustic equipment to monitor and protect elephants
- 20 gifts of $50 = $1,000 – Student stipend for research on elephant conservation efforts
- 35 gifts of $100 = $3500 – Summer internship support for Tufts students working with conservation NGOs
Thank you for your gift to the Tufts Elephant Conservation Alliance this year! Here are just a few of our accomplishments that you helped make possible:
- A new class offered through the Experimental College, The Jumbo Imperative: On Elephant and Elephant Conservation
- A new seminar series’ first speaker was Dr. Daphne Carlson-Bremer, Policy Specialist & Program Officer, who informed us about “Combating Wildlife Trafficking at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service”
- A new partnership with the Wildlife Conservation Society
- Our first summer fellow, supported by the Tisch Summer Fellows Program
- More than $4,000 raised to help support the efforts!
Thank you for believing in us and the power of the Tufts community to save elephants from extinction. Together, our faculty from across schools provide the broad expertise this problem requires with scholars in human and veterinary medicine, environmental sciences, engineering, public health, diplomacy, conflict studies, urban planning, economics, and epidemiology. We look forward to bringing you even more updates from the field and classroom this coming year. Keep an eye out for our crowdfunding project, and Happy World Elephant Day on August 12!
Thank you, from all the faculty members involved with TECA
P.S. Stay up to date on all of the work you help make possible!