Setting the Stage
- Arteaga and Wilde (2022). Draft “Setting the Stage” paper with selected literature review (link) (.pdf) (New: 05/18/2022).
- The USDA/ERS topic area for U.S. household food security (link);
- The USDA/FNS topic area for food security research (link);
- The 2000 Revised Guide to Measuring Household Food Security (link) (.pdf);
- The USDA commemoration in 2015 of 20 years of household food security research (link);
- The 2006 consensus study report from the Committee on National Statistics of the National Academies, titled, “Food Insecurity and Hunger in the United States: An Assessment of the Measure (2006)” (link);
- The 2012 ERS study titled, “Assessing Potential Technical Enhancements to the U.S. Household Food Security Measures” (link);
- The 2013 workshop summary from the Committee on National Statistics of the National Academies, titled, “Research Opportunities Concerning the Causes and Consequences of Child Food Insecurity and Hunger” (link); and
- Background information on the September 2020 CPS-FSS split-panel test of a revised survey instrument (the test survey instrument and recommendations from Census cognitive testing (link).
Request for Proposals
The proposal review process is now complete. Here is the Request for Proposals (.pdf) that grantees responded to.