- The USDA/ERS topic area for U.S. household food security (link);
- The USDA/FNS topic area for food security research (link);
- The 2000 Revised Guide to Measuring Household Food Security (link) (.pdf);
- The USDA commemoration in 2015 of 20 years of household food security research (link);
- The 2006 consensus study report from the Committee on National Statistics of the National Academies, titled, “Food Insecurity and Hunger in the United States: An Assessment of the Measure (2006)” (link);
- The 2012 ERS study titled, “Assessing Potential Technical Enhancements to the U.S. Household Food Security Measures” (link);
- The 2013 workshop summary from the Committee on National Statistics of the National Academies, titled, “Research Opportunities Concerning the Causes and Consequences of Child Food Insecurity and Hunger” (link); and
- Background information on the September 2020 CPS-FSS split-panel test of a revised survey instrument (the test survey instrument and recommendations from Census cognitive testing (link).
- A longer Selected Bibliography (link) (.pdf).
(New: Jan 27, 2021) Setting the Stage (Literature Review)
- We have posted a draft “Setting the Stage” paper with selected literature review (link) (.pdf).