Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The position is responsible for day-to-day supervision of the operation and maintenance of the mechanical equipment of the Museum’s physical plant including supervision of personnel and work orders. It exercises control over the mechanical operating systems of the facilities including maintenance, operation, equipment service and repair, design, alteration, purchase, installation and construction, as well as administrative functions such as establishing standards of performance, standard operating procedures and regulatory code compliance.
- 750,000 square feet of museum property, consisting of 7 multi-purpose buildings including a 5 level parking garage, Planetarium, Omni Theater, two theaters and four animal living areas.
- Oversees up to 6 people.
- Directs and supervises outside contractors.
- Regularly works on 3 – 5 projects simultaneously.
- Be on call 24 x 7 x 365 to ensure continuous operation of facility systems. May be required to work weekends, holidays and overtime as requested by management.
- Maintaining 50+ Air handling Units, 1,100 tons of cooling, Steam boilers (340 therms annually), 200+ steam traps, 100+ pumps and a Building Management System with 1,000+ points
This position is full time, 40 hours/week, Tuesday – Saturday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. This position is on call 24/7, 365 days a year, with weekends, holidays, and overtime as requested by management.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience supervising the maintaining of building mechanical systems in an educational, institutional, industrial or similar setting.
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in the day-to-day supervision of the operation and maintenance of the building mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated ability in the day-to-day supervision of personnel. Ability to conduct training and/or informational sessions.
- Journeyman Refrigeration License required.
- Advanced diagnostic and repair skills for mechanical systems (pumps, seals, actuators, etc.), DDC and pneumatic controls, refrigeration, and extensive knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Advanced understanding of building and equipment schematics and diagrams.
- Technical experience and working knowledge with building management systems.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
November 10, 2015