The mission of the California Science Center is to stimulate curiosity and inspire science learning in everyone by creating fun, memorable experiences, because we value science as an indispensable tool for understanding our world, accessibility and inclusiveness, and enriching people’s lives.
The California Science Center is one of the world’s leading science centers devoted to science learning. It is among the most attended museums in North America, with over 2.5 million guests each year for the past two years and is the permanent home of the Space Shuttle Endeavour. The California Science Center is currently developing a major expansion, the Samuel Oschin Air and Space Center. The California Science Center holds prestigious accreditations by the American Alliance of Museums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The California Science Center is a department of the State of California (State) and who works in partnership with the not-for-profit California Science Center Foundation (Foundation) to bring our mission to life. Visit us on the web to learn more: californiasciencecenter.org.
You are a highly passionate and dedicated person ready to go above and beyond to support our mission! You enjoy working with people who are equally passionate about their work and making a difference through their non-profit service! You bring the experience and expertise in your field that allow you to thrive as our Campaign Coordinator!
Are you up for the challenge? Do you bring expertise in a museum development setting? If yes, then we’ve been waiting for you!
About the Job:
The California Science Center Foundation is seeking a Campaign Coordinator to be part of a dynamic team that advances the organization’s fundraising activities and its mission to stimulate curiosity and inspire science learning. The Campaign Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Development Department with a focus on the California Science Center Foundation’s $250 million EndeavourLA Campaign to build the Samuel Oschin Air and Space Center. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong organizational, time-management and communication skills. Responsibilities include gift processing and generating acknowledgement letters and receipts; contributing to the maintenance of constituent information in the database and department files; coordinating event and meeting logistics; and assisting with research and writing that advances prospect identification, cultivation and stewardship.
You Will Make Us Proud if You Thrive in these Areas:
- Participates in Campaign and Development Department meetings, as assigned, and assists in the tracking of action items for the team.
- Researches prospective donors and prepares profiles to assist team with qualifying prospects and soliciting gifts.
- Assists Manager and Campaign Writer in the preparation of proposals and other solicitation materials or correspondence as needed.
- Produces and tracks acknowledgment letters, receipts, and invoices.
- Processes donations including accurate data entry of pledges, gifts, and constituent information and coordinates with Accounting office to ensure monthly and fiscal year-end revenue reconciliation.
- Compiles revenue data for reports to donors, Executive Staff, and the Board of Trustees.
- Assists with donor database conversion and contributes to the maintenance of constituent records and data, including building queries and exports for mailing lists and reports.
- Maintains accurate records for the publication of donor lists and recognition opportunities.
- Maintains digital and non-digital files for donor/prospect information and materials.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and staffing of events and meetings, including creating and mailing invitations, tracking RSVPs, submitting work orders, and liaising with staff involved.
- Provides customer service and donor stewardship as a point of contact for donors as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Get Your Foot in the Door, You Need to Bring this to the Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two or more years of administrative experience, preferably within a non-profit or development office.
- Detail-oriented with data entry and gift processing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities, with ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor, with ability to interact effectively with general public, high-level donors and volunteers.
- Prior experience coordinating events and meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications and experience using a donor database system; Experience working with Tessitura is a plus.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
Your “Road Map” for Success!
The following are highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors critical to successfully leading your team!
- Knowledge – Significance of our mission, organizational culture, legal compliance, best practices and industry standards for campaigns.
- Skill and Ability – Ability to perform a high-level of collaboration between partners including staff and volunteers. Ability to make decisions that are in alignment with the mission, objectives of the California Science Center, and the Development Department.
- Behavioral – Leadership, Accountability, Adaptability, Communication, Team Focus, Customer/Quality Focus, Inclusiveness, and Occupational Knowledge/Technology Orientation.
Starting at $18.00 per hour, plus excellent benefits and 11 paid holidays!
Send Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Target to the HR Dept. via fax at 213-744-2673, email to: HR@cscmail.org or mail to the California Science Center Foundation, H. R. Dept., 700 Exposition Park Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90037. No phone calls please. EOE.
- Los Angeles, California, 90037, United States
- August 4, 2016
- Campaign Coordinator
- California Science Center Foundation
- $18.00 – $20.00 (Hourly Wage)