The Assistant Manager, Direct Response Fundraising guides strategy and leads the implementation of individual giving campaigns for members and prospective members capable of making gifts ranging from $1-$2,999, in collaboration with the Director of Membership & Guest Experience. This position provides leadership in expanding the museum’s membership base and Museum Fund donor base through sophisticated direct marketing strategies, including audience segmentation, multi-channel campaigns, and constant A/B testing.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for ambitious sales goals. This position is directly responsible for up to $1M annually; with higher expectations in future years.
The nature of the work requires the Assistant Manager, Direct Response to execute special assignments and tasks under only general direction; demonstrate strong initiative; exercise considerable discretion and independent judgment; and work independently with other staff, members, and the public.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Manages membership direct mail program: developing, writing, sending, and evaluating acquisitions, renewals, reinstatements, upgrades, and Museum Fund appeals. Works closely with Creative Services and external vendors and makes sure that deadlines are met.
- Develops, tracks, and evaluates annual direct response revenue plan; leads strategy to increase revenue via sophisticated multi-channel and multi-touch campaigns; allocates resources to optimize return on investment; uses A/B testing to continually improve results.
- With the Marketing department and Onsite Sales & Operations Manager, develops follow-up strategies (post-visit emails, upgrade appeals to frequent visitors, check-ins to non-visiting members, etc.).
- Proactively identifies and generates new prospects to support the museum (ticket buyers, event attendees, etc.) and develops initiatives to convert them into members; partners with the Guest Experience, Marketing, Retail and Digital departments to identify prospects; works closely with Individual Giving staff to coordinate the solicitation of new prospects and upgrade current donors.
- Ensures that fundraising campaigns are executed comprehensively and holistically for the biggest impact possible; each campaign should be executed through various media channels (direct mail, web, social media, email, onsite, etc.) and be timed and targeted thoughtfully and strategically to increase responses; campaign coordination requires close partnerships with the Marketing, Creative Services and Digital departments.
- Develops innovative digital fundraising strategies in partnership with Digital department to increase awareness, engagement and revenue.
- With the Marketing department and Manager of Research & Evaluation, develops initiatives to collect data, including contact, demographic and psychographic/attitudinal information. Uses data to pioneer targeted messaging segmentation to personalize approach and improve results.
- Monitors fundraising campaign and industry trends and informs leadership of progress toward goals; analyzes giving trends and statistical data related to campaign performance.
- Runs queries and creates/manipulates mailing lists, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Three (3) years of direct response experience.
- A solid background in membership and/or Annual Fund direct mail programs and an interest in the arts and humanities.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills; excellent writing and oral communication skills; high level of analytical and problem solving skills; action and results oriented; diplomatic and tactful.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public; promote membership activities to ethnically and culturally diverse groups and communities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; adhere to deadlines; demonstrate flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
$24.36 – $29.26 per hour with benefits package.
Please note: This position is represented by SEIU 1021.
Apply online at http://asianart.snaphire.com/?job=9517AAM
± The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.±
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
- san francisco, California, 94102, United States
- July 20, 2016
- Assistant Manager, Direct Response Fundraising
- Asian Art Museum