The deadline to submit your entry is October 20, 2014 at11:59 PM ET.
In the spirit of Robert Rauschenberg, the jury seeks proposals that make unexpected connections and ponder new lines of questioning. In a career that spanned more than fifty years, Rauschenberg continually pushed the boundaries by using a multidisciplinary approach and defying expectation. His commitment to innovation and his fearless approach to art are characteristics that the jury will evaluate in the online exhibition proposals. Your exhibition proposal may include images of works from any of Artsy’s institutional partners and must include at least one work by Robert Rauschenberg.
1. Go to Artsy.net and create an Artsy account if you don’t have one already.
2. Create an Artsy Post (see video “How to post on Artsy”). Paste in the text of your exhibition proposal, which may be no longer than 500 words total in English. Your online exhibition proposal may include up to 15 artworks selected from Artsy’s Institutional partners, see Institutions A-Z. No gallery or for-sale works may be included. Your online exhibition proposal must include at least one (1) artwork created by Robert Rauschenberg. (Need help finding content? See video “How to find content”)
3. Submit your exhibition proposal through the Official Entry Form.
4. The deadline to submit your entry is October 20, 2014 at11:59 PM ET.
5. Promote your submission via social media! Tag @Artsyand use the hashtag #EmergingCurator.
To be eligible for consideration, your entry needs to comply with all of the above guidelines.
John Elderfield, Branden Joseph, Shirin Neshat, Christopher Rauschenberg, and Sarah Roberts. Judges will review submissions and announce three (3) finalists on November 11, 2014.
Three (3) finalist exhibition proposals will be selected and featured on Artsy, and the public will vote via social media for the winner from November 11 to 14, 2014. Follow @Artsy on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ for instructions.
Winner Announced: November 17, 2014
The competition is open only to full-time or part-time undergraduate students, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows who are at least eighteen (18) years old and are affiliated with an accredited college or university. Please see the Official Competition Rules for complete eligibility requirements.
For more information: https://artsy.net/post/robert-rauschenberg-foundation-robert-rauschenberg-foundation-emerging-curator-competition