From the Well-B Innovation Center
800 Boylston Street, Prudential Center, Back Bay Arcade, Boston, MA
Visitor Experience Associate
Manager, Innovation Department
- Sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, the Well-B Innovation Center acts as a space to bring people together, learn from one another, share ideas, and create new solutions to improve health and healthcare. Recently opened in the Prudential Center in May 2019, the exhibit space will be rapidly changing, with new exhibits being developed every 4-8 months.
- The Visitor Experience Representative is essential to creating a
positive, memorable experience where visitors learn and contribute to healthcare
innovation. This position serves a dual-role by providing outstanding customer
service and facilitating educational experiences in the exhibit space. Since
the space is a unique balance of an educational experience and feedback forum,
the Visitor Service Representative must be a flexible and empathetic thought partner
- Act as a resource for visitors by welcoming and orienting them
to Well-B’s unique offerings.
- Help communicate the connection between BCBSMA, Well-B, and
current exhibit materials
- Track daily visitation statistics, log interactions, and pass
along feedback from visitors though associated paperwork.
- Manage varied (ranging from high to low) volumes of visitor
traffic while providing personal attention to individuals.
- Assist Program Manager with set-up and facilitation during
- Provide immediate and appropriate responses to safety and
- Navigate potentially sensitive visitor interactions involving
healthcare and health insurance.
- Guide the visitor’s journey across experience points, encouraging exploration
and play throughout.
- Learn background material of the exhibit to help engage visitors
with the content.
- Provide positive and memorable experiences by facilitating
programs and tours.
- Recognize and act on opportunities to enhance a visitor’s
engagement through one-on-one assistance or by facilitating short activities.
- Maintain exhibit spaces by resetting and restocking materials.
- Prepare materials for activities, programs and events.
- Research future exhibit and activity topics
- Use human-centered design to develop and prototype activities
and programs for the exhibit.
- Perform consistent evaluation of programs, activities, and
exhibits in the space.
- Experience using human-centered design/design-thinking and/or a willingness to learn it
- Interest in public health, technology, biology, education, and/or innovation.
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple competing demands.
- Personable and naturally enjoys helping others.
- Curious and open to learning new skills, systems, and processes.
- Ability to keep calm and composed under pressure.
- Flexible and open to feedback.
- Previous employment or volunteer experience in museum interpretation, education, facilitation, or customer service positions is preferred.
- This job requires workers to be on their feet for a large majority of the day.
- 9:30am-5:30pm, 4 weekdays
- 9:30am-5:30pm, 3-4 weekdays
- 9:30am-5:30pm, 2-3 weekdays
- Occasional evening, morning, or weekend
- Start date: Week of July
interested, send your resume, cover letter, and availability to Elaine Mondy,
Exhibit Manager, at email@example.com.
will be accepted along a rolling deadline.