The Tufts Libraries pay membership fees for the following journals in order to provide article processing charge (APC) discounts to Tufts authors for open access publishing:
- BioMed Central – receive a 15% discount on APCs that range between $1,710 – $2,380
- Nucleic Acids Research – receive a 50% discount on the $2,770 APC
- RSC Gold – Tufts authors can publish a discrete number of papers OA in Royal Chemistry Society journals per year
- Contact Laura Walters for the voucher code after your article has been accepted
Other Open Access Projects
The Libraries provide support for several additional open access projects
- SCOAP3 – a collaboration between libraries, publishers, and funding bodies to convert several of the most prestigious journals in high energy physics from subscription to open access
- Knowledge Unlatched – a pilot project to make high-quality scholarly books open access upon publication
- Mass digitization projects such as Hathi Trust and the Internet Archive
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (as members of the Boston Library Consortium)
A pilot program supported by the Office of the Provost, the Provost’s Open Access Fund (POAF) successfully educated Tufts faculty across the university about open access and supported open access publication and digitization of their scholarship.
The pilot is complete. During its two plus active years the fund supported nearly 100 Tufts authors and provided over $50,000 in funding. Find out more about Fund Recipients. Contact your school’s deans about future funding support possibilities.